What is the Young Leaders Academy?
The Young Leaders Academy is a program designed to provide a structure, which young people aged 11+ can follow to help them develop as leaders within the gymnastics environment. The program encourages leaders to complete five different topic areas at 3 different levels (Bronze, Silver & Gold). The programme has five module areas to complete:
• MY Learning: Leaders are tasked with completing several different courses, both generic and sport specific.
• MY Development: Leaders are tasked with identifying a mentor and learning from shadowing and working alongside them.
• MY Volunteering: Leaders are tasked with volunteering their time at local, regional, and national level events, this could also include meetings.
• MY Future: Leaders are tasked with producing a short- and long-term development plan and working towards completing their goals.
• MY Projects: Leaders are tasked with identifying, planning, and running a project which benefits their club/community.